Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is intended to protect employees from injury at work. PPE must comply with the essential health and safety requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/425 of the European Parliament and of the Council. These requirements ensure that the products offer a maximum degree of protection.
As a Notified Body according to Article 20 of Regulation (EU) 2016/425, the certification body is authorised to carry out EU conformity assessment procedures and to issue type examination certificates in the following areas:
Foot and leg protection
- Individual foot and leg protection according to Regulation (EU) 2016/425 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Safety foodwear according to EN ISO 20345
- Occupational footwear according to EN ISO 20347
- Protective footwear according to EN ISO 20346
- Shoes for firefighters according to DIN EN 15090
- Safety footwear with resistance to chain saw cutting according to EN ISO 17249
- Protective footwear for motorcycle riders according to DIN EN 13634
- Footwear protecting against risks in foundries according to EN ISO 20349-1
- Footwear protecting against risks in welding according to EN ISO 20349-2
- Individual hand protection according to Regulation (EU) 2016/425 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Protective gloves against mechanical risks according to DIN EN 388
The corresponding certification programmes can be obtained from the certification body.