ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX® is an independent testing and certification system for chemicals, colourants and auxiliaries used in the manufacture of textiles and leather products.
Precondition for Certification
In a three-stage verification process, it is analyzed whether the products and each individual ingredient meets specific requirements with regard to sustainability, safety and compliance with legal regulations.
- CAS number screening: comparison of the CAS numbers of the chemical ingredients with the list of chemicals of concern from ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX® (RSL/MRSL)
- Analytical verification: Analytical testing to ensure that the certified products can be used in the sustainable production of human ecologically optimized textiles and leather products
- Self-assessment and audit: review of product responsibility and measures regarding working conditions and environmental management
To obtain the ECO PASSPORT certificate, CAS number screening and analytical verification is mandatory. At the request of the applicant, the self-assessment and the audit are optionally carried out.
What Does ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX® take into Consideration?
- Comparison with regard to compliance with the requirements for substances of very high concern on the REACH candidate list and with OEKO-TEX® RSL and MRSL
- The performance of the CAS number screening and the analytical verification is recognized by the ZDHC organization as "MRSL Conformance Indicator Level 1", the additional performance of the self-assessment without audit is recognized as ZDHC Conformance Level 2
- A certification including self-assessment and audit is recognized by the ZDHC organization as "MRSL Conformance Indicator Level 3