Certification of Personal Protective Equipment
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is intended to protect employees from injury at work. PPE has to comply with the relevant fundamental regulations of the EU Rules for Safety and Health for technical installations and equipment. These ensure that the products offer a maximum degree of protection.
As a Notified Body according to Article 20 of Regulation (EU) 2016/425, the certification body is authorised to carry out EU conformity assessment procedures and to issue type examination certificates in the following areas:
Foot and leg protection
- individual foot and leg protection according to Regulation (EU) 2016/425 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Safety shoes according to EN ISO 20345
- Work shoes according to EN ISO 20347
- Protective shoes according to EN ISO 20346
- Shoes for firefighters according to DIN EN 15090
- Safety shoes with protection against chainsaw cuts according to EN ISO 17249
- Protective footwear for motorcyclists according to DIN EN 13634
- Foundry shoes according to EN ISO 20349-1
- Welding shoes according to EN ISO 20349-2
- individual hand protection according to Regulation (EU) 2016/425 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Protective gloves against mechanical risks according to DIN EN 388
The corresponding certification programmes can be obtained from the certification body can be requested.